WISH provides housing support to help people keep their homes. It stands for West Integrated Services Housing and aims to help people avoid a housing crisis.
Support focuses on what each person wants and needs. this can include some or all of the following:
- Housing – help to find and maintain an appropriate tenancy
- Finances – budgeting and income maximisation
- Addictions – support to access relevant service
- Physical and Mental Health – register with a GP, attend medical appointments or access counselling
- Life skills – gain the skills necessary to maintain your tenancy and avoid repeat homelessness
- Employment and Training – help to access training, apply for volunteering opportunities or job
- Social Support – get to know the local area and build positive relationships
The service is open to people who are:
- Living in the West of Edinburgh
- Aged 16 or over, who are either currently at risk of becoming homeless, homeless at the moment or has experienced homelessness
- The service can support single people, couples, families and older people
- People who own their house, live in private lets, council and housing association tenancies and temporary accommodation.
WISH is a consortium led by Four Square, and includes Blackwood, CHAI, Link Living and Penumbra.
This service is open to residents of these areas:
- South West
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
People aged 16 or over,
This service accepts direct self referrals.
Social Care, Health professionals, etc
Contact Info. & Service Address
67 Logie Green Road
Provider's Name: Four Square
Our aim in these pages is to provide comprehensive information on all the services that we provide to homeless and vulnerable people of all ages and on our campaigning and strategic planning activities.
Four Square (Scotland) is a charity involved with the rights and needs of homeless people in Edinburgh and the Central belt of Scotland. We manage key homelessness services, and work with other agencies to promote quality homelessness services and campaign against policies and practice adversely affecting homeless people.
Our new name of Four Square (Scotland) we believe reflects our work both in Edinburgh and in other parts of Scotland. It also represents our 4 areas of strategic focus and service provision:
- Accommodation and Support
- Practical Assistance
- Advice and Advocacy
- Education and Training