Veterans First Point (V1P)
A one-stop-shop for veterans living in Lothian Offering help and assistance to veterans whatever their needs may be.
Veterans First Point (V1P) supports the physical and mental health of Scotland veterans, and their families.
Services available include:
- Advice, Information and signposting
- Internet access PCs for jobs, housing, welfare or general use
- Peer Support
- A full-time specialist veterans therapist
- A full-time clinical psychologist
- A psychiatrist
- A Cognitive Behavioural Therapist
There is a team of peer support workers (PSWs) who act as the listening ear to help you address needs you may have. The Peer Support team includes ex-servicemen or women and their role is to help you move forward with your life.
Intended Client Groups:
- Drug and Alcohol Users
- People Experiencing Mental Health Difficulties
- Ex-Service men & women or a partner of someone who has previously served.
This service is available to residents of all parts of Edinburgh
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
Ex-Service men & women or a partner of someone who has previously served.
This service accepts direct self referrals.
Contact Info. & Service Address
Floor K Argyle House
3 Lady Lawson Street
Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm
-Monday to Friday 1.00pm - 4.30pm Drop-In Service -
Facilities & Access
This service has the following facilities:
- Public Parking
Metered parking nearby
- Wheelchair Access
- Translation Service
- Disabled WC
- Creche facilities are not available at this location.