Trauma Counselling Line Scotland
Trauma Counselling Line Scotland (TCLS) offers confidential telephone counselling to any adult who experienced abuse as a child. This can include sexual, emotional, physical, psychological, spiritual abuse or neglect.
Through this support, survivors are able to address the issues that have affected them and understand how it has prevented them from living the life they want to lead. Through building their confidence they can take greater control of their lives.
If you decide to use the service, the Trauma Counselling team will try to offer you an appointment with a counsellor at a time that suits you, daytime or evening. As it’s telephone counselling, you don’t need to worry about travelling to your appointment.
You will have weekly appointments with the same counsellor, which means you won’t have to repeat what has happened to you each time you call.
The service is free and totally confidential.
How To Get In Touch
Phone Number: 08088 020406
You can call this number at any time. If there is no answer, please leave a message with your phone number and a member of the team will get back to you.
This service is available to residents of all parts of Edinburgh
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
Anyone aged 16 or over living in Scotland, who has experienced abuse in their childhood and is either (fits into one or more of these categories):
• From a black or ethnic minority community
• Has a disability – this can be a mental health condition
• Lives in 1 of the following 12 rural and remote Local Authority areas
Argyll & Bute
Dumfries & Galloway
Perth & Kinross
Tel: 08088 020406
Provider's Name: Health in Mind
Health in Mind is a Scottish charity, which works to promotes the health and wellbeing of people who experience mental health difficulties.
Services run by this provider
- Anxiety Management Course
- Depression and Anxiety Support Group
- Depression and Anxiety Support Group – Stockbridge
- Equal Access (Health in Mind)
- Guided Self Help (Health in Mind)
- Lothian Deaf Counselling Service
- MAPS – My Assets and Personal Strengths
- Oasis (Health in Mind)
- One-to-one peer support
- Pathway – Women (Health in Mind)
- re:discover (Health in Mind)
- Social Hub
- The Listening Space
- The Wellbeing Space
- Trauma Counselling Line Scotland
- Women Wellbeing Course