The Listening Space
The service takes place every Wednesday afternoon from 1.00 pm in the main hall of Gilmerton Community Centre.
1.00 pm – 2.00 pm
Come and speak to a Health in Mind peer listening volunteer on a one-to one basis. Volunteers will listen with a compassionate and non-judgemental ear to whatever you want to speak about. They are impartial and respect your confidentiality. The team will not provide advice or counselling. You can access materials to help you look after yourself and find out about other services and resources in Edinburgh.
Please feel free to spend time in the space without feeling pressured to do any of the above.
Peer Support Group
2:15 pm – 3:15 pm
This group will give you an opportunity to share, listen and receive support as part of a peer group. You can also take part in wellbeing-based activities.
How To Get In Touch
You can drop in any Wednesday or call Jenny Green for further details.
Phone Number: 0131 225 8508
Intended Client Groups:
- People Experiencing Mental Health Difficulties
This service is open to residents of these areas:
- South East
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
The service is for anyone aged 18 years and over living in South East Edinburgh.
This service accepts direct self referrals.
Contact Info. & Service Address
Gilmerton Community Centre
4 Drum Street
-Wednesdays 1.00 pm - 3.15 pm-
Tel: 0131 225 8508
Facilities & Access
This service has the following facilities:
- Public Parking
- Wheelchair Access
- Creche facilities are not available at this location.
Provider's Name: Health in Mind
Type: Charity/VoluntaryHealth in Mind is a Scottish charity, which works to promotes the health and wellbeing of people who experience mental health difficulties.
Services run by this provider
- Counselling Services – Health in Mind
- Depression and Anxiety Support Group
- Equal Access (Health in Mind)
- Guided Self Help (Health in Mind)
- Lothian Deaf Counselling Service
- MAPS – My Assets and Personal Strengths
- Oasis (Health in Mind)
- Pathway – Men (Health in Mind)
- Pathway – Women (Health in Mind)
- re:discover (Health in Mind)
- The Listening Space
- The Wellbeing Space
- Trauma Counselling Line Scotland
- Wellbeing Gateway in South West Edinburgh