Street Soccer Scotland provide a range of football themed training & personal development opportunities for socially disadvantaged groups across Scotland.
Drop in Sessions
There are a range of drop in sessions across Edinburgh. These two hour fun football sessions offer players a chance to meet new people, improve physical/mental health, increase confidence and provide players with a safe and positive environment. All sessions are free and are open to adults aged 16 and over.
Current sessions are held:
• Monday 2.00 pm – 4.00 pm, Meadowbank Sports Centre
• Tuesday 1.30 pm – 3.00 pm, Leith Community Centre
• Wednesday 10:30 am – 12.00 pm, Meadowbank Sports Centre**
• Wednesday 1.00 pm – 3.00 pm, Portobello Powerleague
• Thursday 11.00 am – 12:30 pm, Crags Sports Centre (New Players Session)
For further information please contact Robbie Wood
Football Works uses the power of football to inspire, motivate and develop participants to create positive change. The course offers work skills, training, personal development and coaching, which lead to SQA qualifications and delivered in a sports based environment.
It is aimed at socially disadvantaged adults and young people.
Street Soccer FC (For Change) provides free football sessions and activities to children and young people from socially disadvantaged backgrounds and areas of high deprivation. The programme will be delivered and supported by participants from Street Soccer Scotland and graduates from its ‘Football Works’ Personal Development Courses.
Current SSFC times are:
• Thursday 5.00 pm – 6.30pm, Portobello
• Friday 5.30 pm – 7.00 pm, Leith Community Centre
• Friday 2.00 pm – 4.00 pm, Southside Community Centre
• Friday 2.30 pm – 4.00 pm, WHEC Wester Hailes
This service is available to residents of all parts of Edinburgh
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
People from socially disadvantaged backgrounds and areas of high deprivation
This service accepts direct self referrals.
Contact Info. & Service Address
2 Bernard Street
-Monday to Friday 9.00 am – 5.00 pm -