The group is for people who may have been feeling anxious about being in social situations or who have been feeling isolated. The focus is on group members having fun, meeting new people, developing friendships and improving social skills.
The group is based at Dance Base in Grassmarket although some weeks may be at other venues in the community depending on the activity. The group leaders are volunteers who remember and understand the difficulties that young people can experience and who can use their understanding to support others to develop and move forward.
You can self-refer or be referred by someone else.
How To Get In Touch
Phone Number: 0131 225 8508 and ask to speak to Hayley Chandler
Intended Client Groups:
- Young People
This service is available to residents of all parts of Edinburgh
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
Young adults living in Edinburgh who are aged between 18 to 25 years old.
This service accepts direct self referrals.
Contact Info. & Service Address
Tel: 0131 225 850
Provider's Name: Health in Mind
Health in Mind is a Scottish charity, which works to promotes the health and wellbeing of people who experience mental health difficulties.
Services run by this provider
- Anxiety Management Course
- Depression and Anxiety Support Group
- Depression and Anxiety Support Group – Stockbridge
- Equal Access (Health in Mind)
- Guided Self Help (Health in Mind)
- Lothian Deaf Counselling Service
- MAPS – My Assets and Personal Strengths
- Oasis (Health in Mind)
- One-to-one peer support
- Pathway – Women (Health in Mind)
- re:discover (Health in Mind)
- Social Hub
- The Listening Space
- The Wellbeing Space
- Trauma Counselling Line Scotland
- Women Wellbeing Course