SANEline is a mental health helpline offering specialist emotional support and information to people who are also carers/family and friends of those who suffer from mental illness.
- Helpline: Available on 0300 304 7000 from 4.30 pm to 10.30 pm every evening. From April 2015, the helpline is now a local-rate, 0300 number. Calling the helpline costs no more than calls to geographic (01 and 02) numbers from a landline, and is included in inclusive and free minutes on mobiles.
- Textcare: Allows you to arrange for messages of support at times that are right for you
- Support Forum: Available 24 hours a day to share your experiences with other members and give and receive mutual support
- Letters: You can write to us at SANE Services, St. Mark’s Studios, 14 Chillingworth Road, Islington, London, N7 8QJ
- Facebook and Twitter: Our social media communities are a good source of contact, support and sharing. (Click links on left hand menu.) You can see all the content even if you don’t have a Facebook or Twitter account yourself.
- Stories: Share your stories, experiences and feelings. You may help others by doing so, as well as helping yourself by releasing and sharing feelings and emotions.
- Blogs: Share experiences, thoughts and opinions; invite others to comment and share their thoughts.
Intended Client Groups:
- People Experiencing Mental Health Difficulties
This service is available to residents of all parts of Edinburgh
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
Any individual experiencing mental health difficulties or a carer or friend of this individual.
This service accepts direct self referrals.
6.00pm to 11.00pm every day.
Facilities & Access
This service has the following facilities:
- Translation Service
- Typetalk available via SANE for those with a hearing impairment
- This service is not accessible to wheelchair users.
- Creche facilities are not available at this location.