The Ripple Project provides various services to the local communities of Restalrig, Lochend and Craigentinny.
The Ripple Project is based at the Restalrig Lochend Community Hub, as a thriving and welcoming community centre.
Within the community centre, the Hub Grub Café offers low cost, freshly made food and the opportunity to find out what else is on offer in the community.
Various groups are offered, including:
• The Knitting Network
• Easy Exercise
• Walking Groups
• Write On creative writing group
• Parent/Carer Toddler
The Lunch Club for older people aged 60 and above offers a nutritious meal and door to door transport in the local area.
The Friday Club is a friendly social club for older people. It meets on Fridays 1.00pm – 3.00pm. There is a regularly updated programme of social activities and entertainment.
- ROSP project offers local young people in S3+ a diverse range of recreational and developmental activities, continuing to also engage them in relevant workshops, helping them reflect on and deal with the issues they face as young people.
- Ripple Xpress local drama group for young people
- Ripple Buddies supports young volunteers to mentor vulnerable children from local primary schools.
- Detached Streetwork builds relationships with disengaged young people, augmented with the provision of harm reduction care kits
- HUB198 for P7 to S2
Intended Client Groups:
- Older People
- Young People
This service is open to residents of these areas:
- North East
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
People living in Restalrig, Lochend and Craigentinny.
This service accepts direct self referrals.
Contact Info. & Service Address
Restalrig Lochend Community Hub
198 Restalrig Road South
Facilities & Access
This service has the following facilities:
- Wheelchair Access
- Creche facilities are not available at this location.