re:discover (Health in Mind)
Supporting people to make connections with people, activities and groups in their community.
re:discover is for anyone aged 18 and over experiencing loneliness and isolation that wants to improve their mental health and wellbeing through social activities.
People will be supported by a trained volunteer for up to six months who will work alongside them to connect them into their community. The person receiving support will be encouraged to take the lead and identify things they would like to explore.
This can include:
- exploring what is on the community and support to take part
- support to feel more comfortable getting out and about and using public transport
- support to meet other people
- support to feel more confident in social situations
To apply to the service
Referrals will be assessed on a case by case basis. The re:discover team are unable to do home visits. Support and Development Workers will arrange to meet you in the community, for example at our office, a café or a local library.
- Due to the high demand for this service, we are currently unable to accept new referrals.
How To Get In Touch
For the referral form, visit our website or call the re:discover team on 0131 225 8508 for more information.
Intended Client Groups:
- People Experiencing Mental Health Difficulties
This service is open to residents of these areas:
- North West
- S Central
- South East
- South West
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
Adults aged 18 and above, who are socially isolated or be at risk of social isolation as a result of experiencing mental health difficulties
This service accepts direct self referrals.
Community Mental Health Teams
Contact Info. & Provider's Address
40 Shandwick Place
Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm,
Tel: 0131 225 8508
Facilities & Access
This service has the following facilities:
- Public Parking
Metered parking nearby
- Information in community languages
- Translation Service
- It is possible to meet someone elsewhere if they are unable to access the building
- This service is not accessible to wheelchair users.
- Creche facilities are not available at this location.
Public Transport Information
Lothian Regional Transport Buses - 4, 12, 25, 26, 31, 33, 44, 44A, 100, X12, X26, X31, X48
Provider's Name: Health in Mind
Health in Mind is a Scottish charity, which works to promotes the health and wellbeing of people who experience mental health difficulties.
Services run by this provider
- Anxiety Management Course
- Depression and Anxiety Support Group
- Depression and Anxiety Support Group – Stockbridge
- Equal Access (Health in Mind)
- Guided Self Help (Health in Mind)
- Lothian Deaf Counselling Service
- MAPS – My Assets and Personal Strengths
- Oasis (Health in Mind)
- One-to-one peer support
- Pathway – Women (Health in Mind)
- re:discover (Health in Mind)
- Social Hub
- The Listening Space
- The Wellbeing Space
- Trauma Counselling Line Scotland
- Wellbeing Gateway in South West Edinburgh
- Women Wellbeing Course