‘Power Up’ Young Women Programme
Canongate Youth is a programme about young women, relationships, sexual health and wellbeing.
Power Up is a free 10-week programme that aims to offer a comprehensive and practical approach to well-being issues related to relationships and sexual health. Through evidence-based and participatory sessions, the participants are encouraged to increase their awareness about healthy relationships, improve their emotional wellbeing, be more confident and become more resilient.
The participants will take part in sessions covering important subjects such as:
- Body image and sexualisation
- Relationships, grooming and sexual exploitation
- Social media and staying safe online
- Sexual health and porn
- Consent and asking for help
- Feelings, emotions and life purpose
- Community and employability pathways
Date: Every Wednesday from the 22 May to the 25 September 2019 (with a break during the school summer holidays).
Location: South Bridge Resource Centre, 6 Infirmary Street, Edinburgh EH1 1LT
To get involved, contact Simaica Carrasco by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the Canongate Youth office on 0131 556 9389
- For more information about Canongate Youth, have a look at their website – www.canongateyouth.org.uk
- Click hereto download the Power Up poster.
Intended Client Groups:
- Young People
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
Young women aged 15 to 24 who are or could be involved in risk taking behaviour, have an unhealthy view of relationships or are at risk of sexual exploitation, violence or emotional abuse.
This service accepts direct self referrals.
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm