Pilmeny Development Project
Pilmeny Development Project provides a wide range of services and activities for people in North East Edinburgh. These include:
- A Women’s Group meets weekly, offering emotional and social support to local women. The group often arranges outings or activities like quiz days or a movie. The group meets on Mondays from 1.00 pm – 3.00 pm.
- The Leith Time Bank offers local people to share and develop skills. Time Banking allows people to share their skills and help other members of the community, and in return receive help from other community members.
For Older Adults (50+):
- Drop In Sessions take place on Tuesdays from 2.00 pm – 4.00 pm. Come along for a chat, coffee and plays games like bingo.
- Older Men’s Health and Wellbeing Group provides a range of activities, talks and trips including a weekly drop in session. The group meets on Wednesdays and is open to local men aged 50 and over.
- North East Edinburgh Elderly Care Action Group (Leith) gives older people the opportunity to discuss health and community care issues in an organised way. The group meet monthly in the Leith office, and transport can be arranged if needed.
- North East Edinburgh Elderly Care Action Group (Portobello) -as above but this group meets in Portobello.
For Young People:
- Junior Youth club, for ages 7-11, every Tuesday 6.30 pm to 8.15 pm at Pilmeny Youth Centre.
- PDP Seniors for those in S1 – S4, every Wednesday 6.30 pm to 8.15 pm at No 15 Buchanan Street.
- LOSP Youth Group for ages 13 plus, every Monday 7.00 pm – 8.30 pm at No 15 Buchanan Street.
This service is open to residents of these areas:
- North East
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
People living in North East Edinburgh
This service accepts direct self referrals.
Contact Info. & Service Address
19-21 Buchanan Street
Monday - Thursday 9.00am - 5.00pm
Facilities & Access
This service has the following facilities:
- Public Parking
- Wheelchair Access
- Information in community languages
- Translation Service
Available on request
- Creche facilities are not available at this location.
Public Transport Information
Disabled transport may be available on request.
Lothian Regional Transport bus numbers - 14, 7, 10, 22, 16, 12, 25, 49
Provider's Name: Pilmeny Development Project
Pilmeny Development Project is a community based voluntary organisation which has been working in Leith since 1979.
The main emphasis of PDP is to work with older people, young people and adults.
The project provides:
- Community Development
- Support, and
- A wide range of services and activities.