One-to-one peer support
This service is for people aged 18 and over who are feeling low, stressed, anxious or depressed and want to improve their mental health and wellbeing.
People will regularly meet with their peer supporter, and together explore changes they would like to make. Support is available for up to six months. Health in Mind peer support volunteers all have their own experiences of mental health recovery and have completed training to use their experiences to support others. Together with their peer support volunteer, people accessing the service explore tools and techniques to self-manage their mental health and wellbeing, making steps towards where they want to be.
How To Get In Touch
This service is open to residents of these areas:
- South East
- South West
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
People aged 18 and over who are feeling low, stressed, anxious or depressed
This service accepts direct self referrals.
Self-referrals are encouraged where possible
Contact Info. & Provider's Address
40 Shandwick Place
-At the moment support is available Monday – Friday between 9.00 am - 5.00 pm-
Facilities & Access
This service has the following facilities:
- Public Parking
- Wheelchair Access
- Meetings take place in a public place in the community or at Health in Mind, at a venue where the person accessing support feels comfortable.
- Creche facilities are not available at this location.
Provider's Name: Health in Mind
Health in Mind is a Scottish charity, which works to promotes the health and wellbeing of people who experience mental health difficulties.
Services run by this provider
- Anxiety Management Course
- Depression and Anxiety Support Group
- Depression and Anxiety Support Group – Stockbridge
- Equal Access (Health in Mind)
- Guided Self Help (Health in Mind)
- Lothian Deaf Counselling Service
- MAPS – My Assets and Personal Strengths
- Oasis (Health in Mind)
- One-to-one peer support
- Pathway – Women (Health in Mind)
- re:discover (Health in Mind)
- Social Hub
- The Listening Space
- The Wellbeing Space
- Trauma Counselling Line Scotland
- Women Wellbeing Course