Nari Kallyan Shangho
The main aim of NKS is to alleviate deprivation and isolation experienced by South Asian women and their families living in Edinburgh and to promote positive health and well-being among them.
- Independent health advocacy aimed to support women on a one-to-one basis to access health services in Edinburgh.
- Outreach/befriending service aimed to support women who are very isolated and lack confidence for various reasons.
- Family support work
- Groups and activities are provided for all age groups from young people to elderly lunch clubs. There is emphasis on healthier lifestyle programmes and adult education.
- Childcare provided to pre-school children, five days a week. There is also an after school club which aims to provide learning support to those disadvantaged children who have very little help at home due to the low literacy level of parents/guardians.
- NKS Self-management Health Project to empower people living with long-term conditions and their families to be better equipped to improve their life circumstances.
How To Get in Touch
Address: Darroch Annexe, 7 Gillespie Street, Edinburgh EH3 9NH
Phone Number: 0131 221 1915
Email: [email protected]
Intended Client Groups:
- Black and Minority Ethnic
This service is available to residents of all parts of Edinburgh
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
Women from South East Asian communities
Contact Info. & Provider's Address
7 Gillespie Street
Tel: 0131 221 1915
Provider's Name: Nari Kallyan Shangho
Nari Kallyan Shangho (NKS) is a health and welfare organisation working for South Asian women and their families living in Edinburgh. The main aim of NKS is to alleviate deprivation and isolation experienced by South Asian women and their families living in Edinburgh and to promote positive health and well-being among them.