Multi-Cultural Family Base
MCFB can help with practical issues, such as housing or financial problems, as well as more personal issues, such as dealing with trauma, social isolation, school transitions and past or present domestic abuse.
MCFB offers time and support to help people make sense of the difficulties in their lives and work out how to deal with them, being flexible and tailoring our support to the needs of the individual or family are key factors.
Services include –
- an early years service for mothers and their children (up to 3 years old).
- group support for young people affected by past or present domestic abuse.
- support for school-aged children, including helping with transitions.
- support for both adults and children who have settled in Edinburgh from Syria.
- support for young female carers.
- support for people affected by honour abuse and FGM.
- third party reporting.
How To Get In Touch
Intended Client Groups:
- Black and Minority Ethnic
This service is available to residents of all parts of Edinburgh
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
Minority ethnic children and families experiencing practical and emotional difficulties.
This service accepts direct self referrals.
Any professional such as a health visitor or teacher
Contact Info. & Service Address
50 Coburg Street