Lothian Deaf Counselling Service
Lothian Deaf Counselling Service provides a free face-to-face confidential counselling service for those aged 18 or over who are Deaf, deafened, hard of hearing or deafblind throughout Edinburgh and the Lothians.
Health in Mind offer counselling in British Sign Language (without interpreter) and also in English. A personal loop system and communication in written English are available for people who are deafened or hard of hearing.
Counselling is a confidential and supportive relationship with someone who is trained and experienced in helping people talk about the difficulties they are experiencing in their lives and helps to build trust and overcome personal challenges to take greater control of life.
One of the Health in Mind counsellors is Deaf and the others have extensive experience of working with deaf people and receive professional supervision.
How To Get In Touch
You can self-refer or be referred to the service by your GP, Social Work, Audiology, Community Mental Health Team or other health professionals.
If you are making a referral on behalf of someone, you will need to know the name and contact details and the following information about the person you wish to refer:
- contact details
- preferred language (BSL or English)
The referral form and contact details can be found on the Health in Mind Website
The service is provided in association with NHS Lothian.
Intended Client Groups:
- People Experiencing Mental Health Difficulties
This service accepts direct self referrals.
Contact Info. & Provider's Address
40 Shandwick Place
Tel: Text: 07786202875
Provider's Name: Health in Mind
Health in Mind is a Scottish charity, which works to promotes the health and wellbeing of people who experience mental health difficulties.
Services run by this provider
- Anxiety Management Course
- Depression and Anxiety Support Group
- Depression and Anxiety Support Group – Stockbridge
- Equal Access (Health in Mind)
- Guided Self Help (Health in Mind)
- Lothian Deaf Counselling Service
- MAPS – My Assets and Personal Strengths
- Oasis (Health in Mind)
- One-to-one peer support
- Pathway – Women (Health in Mind)
- re:discover (Health in Mind)
- Social Hub
- The Listening Space
- The Wellbeing Space
- Trauma Counselling Line Scotland
- Wellbeing Gateway in South West Edinburgh
- Women Wellbeing Course