Healthy Active Minds
Healthy Active Minds is a physical activity referral project for inactive adults aged 18 years and over with mild to moderate depression, stress, anxiety or low mood.
This project aims to introduce individuals with mild to moderate depression, stress or anxiety to regular physical activity, to accompany or act as an alternative form of treatment.
The project offers adults (referred by a GP or mental health professional) the following:
- Specialist support on lifestyle changes and motivational support
- Advice to help create a unique physical activity plan, which includes a number of options including swimming, walking, yoga and gym
- Participants’ progress will be reviewed at interval stages throughout their journey
- Participants will be encouraged to remain active once they have completed the programme
How to Get In Touch
Phone Number: 0131 458 2260
Intended Client Groups:
- People Experiencing Mental Health Difficulties
- Non-active adults 18 years + experiencing mild to moderate stress, anxiety, depresison
This service is available to residents of all parts of Edinburgh
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
Participants must be inactive, 18 years or over, resident in Edinburgh, and experiencing mild to moderate stress, anxiety, depression and/or low mood.
Referral to this programme is currently through GP referral only
Contact Info. & Service Address
3 Cultins Road
Mondays to Fridays from 9.00 am - 5.00 pm
Public Transport Information
As the programmes are delivered across the city of Edinburgh in a range of venues & locations this information would be given to participants as and when required
Provider's Name: Edinburgh Leisure
What are we?
Since the city council established us as a not-for-profit company in 1998 to run their sport and leisure services, we’ve been working our little cotton socks off to create as many opportunities as we possibly can for the people of Edinburgh to enjoy a healthier, happier and more active lifestyle. We're now a leading leisure trust with a turnover of £23 million and growing, 750 employees and over 4.1 million customers a year.
Where are we?
You have probably heard of Meadowbank Sports Centre or the Royal Commonwealth Pool; Port Edgar Marina or the Braid Hills Golf Course – they are all operated by us. We run a whole range of facilities, including: sports and leisure centres, swim centres, golf courses, tennis courts, bowling greens, outdoor football pitches and, now, the Edinburgh International Climbing Arena, Ratho.