Health Opportunities Team (HOT team)
The Health Opportunities Team (HOT) aims to improve the emotional, social and sexual wellbeing of young people in South East Edinburgh. The service is for people aged between 12 and 25, living in Liberton/Gilmerton and Portobello/Craigmillar.
Drop in sessions and groups:
The regular drop in sessions are friendly, comfortable spaces for young people to come and talk in confidence. Drop in for advice, support, pregnancy testing, condoms, or just a chat. These are aimed at young people aged from 13-18.
- Portobello, Wednesdays 4 – 7 pm, at Portobello Library (1st Floor), 14 Rosefield Avenue
- Gilmerton, Wednesdays 6.30 – 8pm, at Gilmerton Community Centre, 4 Drum Street
- Craigmillar, Thursdays 3.45pm – 6.00 pm at Health Opportunities Team, 1A Queens Walk
There are also regular “Feel Good” groups which encourage young people to engage in physical exercise and health education activities in order to improve health and wellbeing, as well as increase confidence and self-esteem.
- Feel Good Young Women’s Group: Mondays 3.30 – 6 pm, at Health Opportunities Team, 1A Queens Walk
- Feel Good Young Men’s Group: Fridays 1.30 – 4pm, at Health Opportunities Team, 1A Queens Walk
One to One Support
One to one support is available for young people aged 12-25 who are based in Liberton, Gilmerton, Portobello or Craigmillar. Support is either provided through schools or within the community. One to one support for young people affected by their own or others’ substance misuse is also available.
Intended Client Groups:
- Young People
- Aged between 12 and 25
This service accepts direct self referrals.
Contact Info. & Service Address
1a Queens Walk
-Wed 4.30 - 6.30 pm Portobello Drop-in, Portobello Library (1st Floor), 14 Rosefield Avenue, Portobello.
Thurs 3.45 - 6.00 pm Craigmillar Drop-in, Health Opportunities Team, 1a Queens Walk, Thistle Foundation.-
Facilities & Access
This service has the following facilities:
- Wheelchair Access
- Creche facilities are not available at this location.