Guided Self Help (Health in Mind)
One-to-one support to access self-help materials.
The service is based on the principles of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and is for anyone aged 18 and over experiencing mild to moderate anxiety or depression, stress or sleep problems.
A guided self-help worker provides one-to-one support to enable people to make positive changes in their life now and going forward.
Intended Client Groups:
- People Experiencing Mental Health Difficulties
This service is available to residents of all parts of Edinburgh
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
Unable to accept clients currently misusing drugs or alcohol
This service is available by appointment only.
Contact Info. & Service Address
40 Shandwick Place
Monday - Thursday 9.00am - 5.00pm
& Friday 9.00am - 4.30pm
-Monday - Thursday 9.00am - 5.00pm & Friday 9.00am - 4.30pm-
Facilities & Access
This service has the following facilities:
- Public Parking
Metered parking nearby
- Information in community languages
- Some of the projects meet the needs of those with mobility issues but not if they require permanent use of a wheelchair
- This service is not accessible to wheelchair users.
- Creche facilities are not available at this location.
Public Transport Information
Dependent on location: several bus routes go to the main office (4, 12, 26, 44/A)
Provider's Name: Health in Mind
Health in Mind is a Scottish charity, which works to promotes the health and wellbeing of people who experience mental health difficulties.
Services run by this provider
- Anxiety Management Course
- Depression and Anxiety Support Group
- Depression and Anxiety Support Group – Stockbridge
- Equal Access (Health in Mind)
- Guided Self Help (Health in Mind)
- Lothian Deaf Counselling Service
- MAPS – My Assets and Personal Strengths
- Oasis (Health in Mind)
- One-to-one peer support
- Pathway – Men (Health in Mind)
- Pathway – Women (Health in Mind)
- re:discover (Health in Mind)
- Social Hub
- The Listening Space
- The Wellbeing Space
- Trauma Counselling Line Scotland
- Wellbeing Gateway in South West Edinburgh
- Women Wellbeing Course