Grassmarket Communtiy Project
Through a diverse range of creative and educational activities, it enables its community members to develop confidence, life-skills and employability, and fulfil their potential. Its 6 social enterprises create work-related placements (volunteering, apprenticeships, and employment) and provide training (including SQA qualifications). Membership is open to anyone.
Member’s activities and enterprises include:
- practical: literacy, IT skills, gardening, cooking
- creative: art, photography, drama, choir, music, writing
- physical: hillwalking, table tennis
- group work: self-esteem, anxiety, focus groups, training
- social enterprises: woodwork, events, three cafes, tartan textiles
They also host a free “open doors” community meal every Monday at 5.00 pm, along with free vet clinics, benefit support, hairdressing and community cinema. You don’t need to be a member to attend these, all are welcome.
How To Get In Touch
This service is available to residents of all parts of Edinburgh
This service accepts direct self referrals.
Contact Info. & Service Address
86 Candlemaker Row