Follow Me supports homeless people in Edinburgh who have experienced abuse. The service is provided by Rowan Alba. The ultimate aim is to enable each person involved to build their own resources and to live independently.
Follow Me recognises that abuse of any kind can happen to anyone and works with both men and women. Often staff work with people while they are in temporary accommodation and support them when they move into their own tenancies.
The support provided involves practical support finding accommodation, and with setting up a new home, managing finances and accessing services. Follow Me staff also provide emotional support to deal with the effects of abuse and work to prevent repeat victimisation.
Follow Me is a flexible, needs-based service as people’s needs often change when they move from temporary accommodation into their own tenancies.
This can include:
- 1-1 support for male and female survivors of domestic abuse, who are homeless and staying in temporary accommodation.
- 1-to-1 support for males and females aged 16 – 25 who have experienced domestic abuse, sexual abuse or have grown up in an abusive environment, and are in temporary accommodation/experiencing homelessness.
- 1-to-1 support for people in Edinburgh who are homeless and have offending behaviour or are at risk of offending. A Follow Me support worker will help them explore all the factors – personal and external – which may lead to offending. Each and every service user will then be supported to make positive choices, moving towards living a life, free from offending.
Intended Client Groups:
- Homeless People
This service is available to residents of all parts of Edinburgh
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
Anyone who has experienced abuse and homelessness
Rowan Alba, Keymoves and Y People, CEC housing and LB Police.
This service is available by appointment only.
Contact Info. & Service Address
Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm
-Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm-
Facilities & Access
This service has the following facilities:
- Public Parking
Limited parking available
- Wheelchair Access
- Creche facilities are not available at this location.
Public Transport Information
Lothian Buses 1,2,15,15A,34,35.
Provider's Name: Rowan Alba
We are a registered charity that offres support to vulnerable people in Edinburgh, Perth and Kinross, Angus and Dundee.
- To provide a number of services that offer people the opportunity to improve their quality of life through greater independence.
- To offer high quality housing for those people living on th estreet or in hostels.