Edinburgh Family Support Team (Children 1st)
Children First work with children, families, and communities to improve the lives of young people.
The Edinburgh Family Support Team is for families in Edinburgh with children aged 0-5 years old who are experiencing social, emotional or behavioural difficulties.
Support is also available to families of children aged from 0 to 11 who are experiencing complex issues around housing and may require tenancy support.
This is available citywide.
The team can provide:
- Help to improve family relationships through both one to one and group work
- Use of positive behaviour management strategies to manage challenging behaviour, set boundaries and establish family routines.
- Advocacy and mediation, support to access community resources and services.
- Group work for parents to develop the parent/child relationship, improve parenting practises, and encourage friendships between parents
- Individual and group work with children and families with a focus on emotional literacy and social skills.
- Support with transitions into nursery, and from nursery to primary school.
- Specialist approaches, for example, Video Interaction Guidance and storytelling.
Intended Client Groups:
- Young People
This service is available to residents of all parts of Edinburgh
This service accepts direct self referrals.
Contact Info. & Service Address
83 Whitehouse Loan
Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm
Tel: 0131 446 3966
Facilities & Access
This service has the following facilities:
- Wheelchair Access
- Creche facilities are not available at this location.