Equal Access (Health in Mind)
Equal Access provides support and information for people from minority ethnic communities who are experiencing feelings of stress, isolation, depression, anxiety or unhappiness and are unable to access information about the services available.
The service aims to:
- Develop mental health support services
- Raise awareness of mental health issues amongst minority ethnic people
- Identify barriers to accessing services
Support is offered in many ways: this may be short-term one to one support; befriending and peer support with volunteers; or support groups and providing information sessions.
The Equal Access team can communicate in many languages other than English.
Equal Access is available to anyone aged 18 or over and from a minority ethnic community, who is living in Edinburgh. When you get in touch, you will be invited to meet for an initial chat to assess your needs. The team will work with you to identify your goals and provide support and information on the service available to help you to move forward.
Download a list of Equal Access’ wellbeing group sessions at Goodtrees Neighbourhood Centre here.
Equal Access also accepts referrals from health and social workers, please click here to download a referral form.
Intended Client Groups:
- Black and Minority Ethnic
This service is open to residents of these areas:
- North West
- S Central
- South East
- South West
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
People aged 18 and over from a minority ethnic community, who are living in Edinburgh.
This service accepts direct self referrals.
This service is available by appointment only.
Contact Info. & Provider's Address
40 Shandwick Place
Monday - Thursday 9:00am - 5:00pm,
Friday 9:00am - 4:30pm
-Monday - Thursday 9:00am - 5:00pm, Friday 9:00am - 4:30pm-
Tel: 0131 225 8508
Public Transport Information
Lothian Regional Transport Bus Numbers 4, 12, 25, 26, 31, 33, 44, 44A, 100, X12, X26, X31, X48
Duncan Place: LRT 1, 12, 21, 25, 32, 34, 35, 49, X12
WHALE: LRT 33 direct, buses 3,18, 30 to Westside Plaza.
Craigmillar: LRT 2, 14 and 30 stop in front of Thistle Foundation.
Provider's Name: Health in Mind
Type: Charity/VoluntaryHealth in Mind is a Scottish charity, which works to promotes the health and wellbeing of people who experience mental health difficulties.
Services run by this provider
- Counselling Services – Health in Mind
- Depression and Anxiety Support Group
- Equal Access (Health in Mind)
- Guided Self Help (Health in Mind)
- Lothian Deaf Counselling Service
- MAPS – My Assets and Personal Strengths
- Oasis (Health in Mind)
- Pathway – Men (Health in Mind)
- Pathway – Women (Health in Mind)
- re:discover (Health in Mind)
- The Listening Space
- The Wellbeing Space
- Trauma Counselling Line Scotland
- Wellbeing Gateway in South West Edinburgh