Edindex is a partnership between Housing Associations and the Council.
It is a choice based letting system that lets you bid on housing to rent. You apply for housing by completing one application form to register with all landlords in the partnership. You can apply to Edindex if you are 16 years old or over, whether or not you already live and/or work in Edinburgh.
You can find out more information on EdIndex and how to Apply for Housing or home seekers can visit any of the Council’s Neighbourhood Offices and Partner Landlords.
Intended Client Groups:
- Homeless People
- People seeking housing in Edinburgh.
This service is available to residents of all parts of Edinburgh
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
People over sixteen years of age.
This service accepts direct self referrals.
Contact Info. & Service Address
The EdIndex Team
Waverley Court C3
4 East Market Street
Monday - Thursday 8.30am - 5.00pm
& Friday 8.30am - 3.55pm
-The address above is intended for communications by post or telephone enquiries.-
Public Transport Information
Check the Lothian bus website for local services to the Council's Neighbourhood Offices and Partner Landlords.
Provider's Name: City of Edinburgh Council
Type: Local CouncilBased in Scotland's capital city, the Council provides a range of public services to over 498,800 citizens. The City of Edinburgh Council is responsible for providing political leadership and governance for a comprehensive range of services across the city.
Services run by this provider
- Advice Shop
- Direct Payments
- Edinburgh Carer Support Team
- Emergency Social Work Service
- Family Group Decision Making (FGDM)
- Get Up and Go
- Home Care Service
- Homelessness Services (Edinburgh Council)
- Mental Health Officer Service
- Positive Steps
- Safer Families Edinburgh
- Self Directed Support
- Social Care Direct
- Social Care Direct – Assessing Your Needs
- Social Work – Adult, Health & Social Care
- Social Work – Children & Families
- Supported and Sheltered Housing
- The Access Point
- Travel Discounts for People with Disabilities and Mental Illnesses