Dementia Groups and Cafes (Alzheimer Scotland)
Alzheimer Scotland provide information and advice to people with dementia, and their carers, family and friends. There are various social and support groups across Edinburgh.
There is a varied range of social groups that include things like singing groups, art groups and dementia cafes. Dementia cafes are informal places for people with dementia and their carers. They provide a place to get information and to meet up with others in the same situation.
Groups and activities include:
- Art in the City – 2nd Thursday of the month, 10.30am -12 pm. Contact for Venue.
- Oasis Dementia Cafe or under 65s – last Tuesday of every month from 11am – 2pm, Holyrood Abbey Church, London Road.
- Dementia Cafe Edinburgh – last Thursday of every month from 1pm -3pm. Quaker Meeting Hall.
- Cramond Dementia Cafe – Meets Monthly on the first Monday of every month from 1-3 pm.
- PALM Cafe, Balerno – last Tuesday of the month from 2.30 pm – 4.00 pm
- Inverleith Singing group – 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month at Saint Serf’s Church Hall, 1A Clark Road, Edinburgh EH5 3NP
- Craigintinny Singing Group – On the 2nd and 4th Monday of the month from from 2-4pm, St Christophers Church Hall, 77-79 Craigintinny Road.
- Forget-Me-Notes Singing group – last Thursday of each month at 7:15 pm, at The Salvation Army Hall in Gorgie Road.
- Fairmilehead Singing Group – 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month at Fairmilehead Parish Church Hall, 1a Frogston Road West, Edinburgh, EH10 7AA.
For further details of groups and activities in Edinburgh please see the Alzheimer Scotland website.
Intended Client Groups:
- Older People
- People Experiencing Mental Health Difficulties
This service is available to residents of all parts of Edinburgh
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
Person with Dementia / interest / carer / health professionals
This service accepts direct self referrals.
Community Psychiatric Nurse - Dementia, Care Coordinators,
Contact Info. & Service Address
Venues across Edinburgh - contact for details
Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm
-Saturdays 11.00am to 2.00pm -
Facilities & Access
This service has the following facilities:
- Wheelchair Access
- Creche facilities are not available at this location.
Public Transport Information
Lothian Buses 37, 29, 27, 21