Crew 2000 provide information, advice and support around drug use. They neither condone nor condemn drug use and aim to reduce the risks around drug use. Crew 2000 provide a range of services to help them do this.
Support services include:
- free drug counselling for people concerned about their stimulant and other drug use eg cannabis, cocaine, ecstasy or amphetamines
- short-term counselling of six weekly sessions for people affected by another’s drug use, for example, a partner, a friend or a family member
- complementary therapies which include mindfulness and acupuncture
There is an information and advice drop-in service at Crew 2000’s space on Cockburn street. This is open for people to drop-in for information and advice about drugs and drug use.
Other services include:
- DJ sessions for young people who would like to learn how to DJ (Workshops take place at the drop-in shop in Cockburn Street)
- outreach services carry out a range of harm reduction services such as providing condoms to places like pubs and creating a chill-out spaces at festivals
- sexual health support including HIV, Hep B and Hep C testing, pregnancy testing and access to free condoms, dams and lube via the NHS Lothian C: Card service
Intended Client Groups:
- Drug and Alcohol Users
This service is available to residents of all parts of Edinburgh
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
Drug counselling for people aged 18 and over who use psycho-stimulants
This service accepts direct self referrals.
Contact Info. & Provider's Address
32-32A Cockburn Street
Monday - Friday 9.30 am – 5.00 pm
Monday - Wednesday 1.00 pm - 5.00 pm
Thursday 3.00 pm - 7.00 pm
Friday - Saturday 1.00 pm - 5.00 pm
Facilities & Access
This service has the following facilities:
- Wheelchair Access
- Wheelchair access available for shop only-not office
- Creche facilities are not available at this location.
Public Transport Information
Any bus to Princes Street, Waverley or Bridges