Crew 2000 provide information, advice and support around drug use. They neither condone nor condemn drug use and aim to reduce the risks around drug use. Crew provide a range of services to help them do this.
Information and Advice – The Advice shop on Cockburn street is open for people to drop in for information and advice about drugs and drug use.
There is also a helpline for immediate support; tel 0131 220 3404.
Support services, which include:
- Drug counselling – one to one counselling engaging with psychostimulant drug users in Edinburgh.
- Complementary therapies which includes Reiki and acupuncture
- Recovery support and wellbeing group
- SMART recovery groups are peer support group to help people self manage their recovery
Other services include:
- DJ sessions for young people who would like to learn how to DJ. Workshops take place at the drop in shop in Cockburn Street.
- Outreach services carry out a range of harm reduction services such as providing condoms to places like pubs, and creating chill out spaces at festivals.
- Sexual health support including HIV, Hep B and Hep C testing, and access to C Card.
Intended Client Groups:
- Drug and Alcohol Users
This service is available to residents of all parts of Edinburgh
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
Drug counselling for people aged 16 and over who use psycho-stimulants
This service accepts direct self referrals.
GP, social work. Other NHS, voluntary organisations
Contact Info. & Provider's Address
32-32A Cockburn Street
Advice shop open:
Monday - Wednesday 1 pm - 5 pm
Thursday 3 pm - 7 pm
Friday & Saturday 1 pm - 5 pm
Facilities & Access
This service has the following facilities:
- Wheelchair Access
- Wheelchair access available for shop only-not office
- Creche facilities are not available at this location.
Public Transport Information
Any bus to Princes Street, Waverley or Bridges