Counselling Services – Health in Mind
Health In Mind offers various counselling services for adults.
Counselling provides you with a safe place to talk. Counselling is a form of talking therapy and can help people to take greater control of their life and improve their confidence.
An experienced Counsellor will work with you on an individual basis. During your first session, the counsellor will conduct an informal assessment in which you will explore why you have come to counselling and find out what the Counsellor can offer you. The Counsellor will also complete a short assessment to understand how things are for you at that particular point in time.
If you and the Counsellor decide that counselling can be of help to you, further sessions will be arranged. Sessions are usually held at the same time and place each week.
Counselling Services Available
- Craigmillar Counselling Service provides short term counselling for adults who are living in Craigmillar and feel in need of emotional support. This is a general counselling service, for people who are feeling distressed for any reason.
- Trauma Counselling Service provides specialist counselling for adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse. Counselling sessions take place in Edinburgh city centre.
- Trauma Counselling Line Scotland (TCLS) provides free, confidential telephone counselling for adult survivors of any type of childhood trauma, and who either: are from a black or minority ethnic community; or identify as having a disability; or live in a remote / rural area. This service covers all of Scotland. You can call the line directly on 08088 020 406. This is a freephone number, and you can also access the service anonymously if you wish.
How To Get In Touch
Phone Number: 0131 225 8508
Email Address: email@example.com
This service is accredited/members of British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy. All counsellors are qualified and registered with BACP. To find out more information on this regulatory body, please cick here – BACP
This service is available to residents of all parts of Edinburgh
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
For Craigmillar counselling - adults who are living in the Craigmillar area of Edinburgh.
For Trauma Counselling - adults who have experienced sexual abuse in childhood.
For Trauma Counselling Line - adults who have experienced any type of abuse in Childhood.
This service accepts direct self referrals.
This service is available by appointment only.
Contact Info. & Provider's Address
40 Shandwick Place
Monday - Thursday 9:00am - 5:00pm
& Friday 9:00am - 4:30pm
-One to one counselling sessions made with individual, please contact for further information.-
Facilities & Access
This service has the following facilities:
- Information in community languages
- This service is not accessible to wheelchair users.
- Creche facilities are not available at this location.
Public Transport Information
Any buses to the West End
Provider's Name: Health in Mind
Type: Charity/VoluntaryHealth in Mind is a Scottish charity, which works to promotes the health and wellbeing of people who experience mental health difficulties.
Services run by this provider
- Counselling Services – Health in Mind
- Depression and Anxiety Support Group
- Equal Access (Health in Mind)
- Guided Self Help (Health in Mind)
- Lothian Deaf Counselling Service
- MAPS – My Assets and Personal Strengths
- Oasis (Health in Mind)
- Pathway – Men (Health in Mind)
- Pathway – Women (Health in Mind)
- re:discover (Health in Mind)
- The Listening Space
- The Wellbeing Space
- Trauma Counselling Line Scotland
- Wellbeing Gateway in South West Edinburgh