Contact Point is a service for those looking to improve their mental health and well being whilst increasing and building new social opportunities. The service benefits from having a safe comfortable space to meet others allowing for relaxed conversations and regular workshops and groups that improve mood and journeys to better health by ensuring a regular routine is maintained, beneficial for quicker recoveries.
It is open to anyone aged 18 or over who may be experiencing problems with their mental health or those who may be feeling vulnerable or isolated in their day to day lives.
Some of the regular activities include things like crafts groups, well-being groups, social evenings and more.
On Thursdays from 2.30 pm – 4.30 pm it is open access to Contact Point. This is a chance to come along and see what’s on offer. At Open Access you can find out more about Contact Point, meet other users and have any questions answered.
Practical Support is available, which can involve:
- A listening ear, so you can regain control of your life, and sign posting you to other services if needed
- Information and advice about form-filling, use of a telephone when communicating with other organizations i.e. housing, welfare, education or employment.
- Individual one-to-one support is available upon request for those looking to manage, change or understand their anxieties better.
- referral to Edinburgh Foodbank
As well as this, Contact Point offers:
- Weekly developmental activities that offer some fun, reconnection with your past skills or hobbies and/or opportunities to help realise your full potential
- A safe place to meet others or opportunity for quiet reflection
- The opportunity to have a break from feeling isolated and have some meaningful activity whilst building relationships or sharing experiences with others helping you recovery.
- There is a tuck shop for people to purchase healthy snacks, and heating facilities if people prefer to bring their own food.
Intended Client Groups:
- People Experiencing Mental Health Difficulties
- Individuals who are isolated and/or disadvantaged
This service is available to residents of all parts of Edinburgh
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
Age 18 years and older
This service accepts direct self referrals.
This service is available by appointment only.
Contact Info. & Service Address
101 High Riggs
Friday and Saturday CLOSED
-Monday - 2.00 pm to 8.00 pm
Tuesday - 10.30 am to 4.00 pm
Wednesday - 10.30 am to 4.00 pm
Thursday - 2.00 pm to 8.00 pm
Friday and Saturday - Closed
Sunday - 11.00 am to 4.00 pm -
Tel: 0345 140 7777
Facilities & Access
This service has the following facilities:
- Public Parking
On street parking - may be expensive
- Wheelchair Access
- Information in community languages
- Creche facilities are not available at this location.
Public Transport Information
Lothian Regional Transport bus numbers - 1, 2, 10, 11, 15, 16, 23, 24, 27, 34, 35, 45
Provider's Name: Barony Housing Association Ltd
Barony Housing Association provides support to individuals both within their own tenancy and in group living accomodation. Two of the group living projects are currently staffed seven days a weeks including sleeping night cover. The other support is provided Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm with an emergency on-call serice out with these hours.
Barony also has a day care serivce in the format of Contact Point. All Staff are trained to Scottish Social Services Council requirements and have undergone a disclosure check with the Central Registers Body in Scotland.
All our services are registered with the Care Commission and where necessary meet necessary meet House Multiple Occupancy Liscene. Referrals must be ffrom the Lothian area.