Community Gardens at REH
Royal Edinburgh Community Gardens are based in the groups of the Royal Edinburgh hospital.
The gardens offer:
- Gardening, growing and eating local food while building community and developing skills.
- Walks, workshops, events, and a range of ‘hands on’ activities which encourage healthy eating and promote social inclusion.
- Advice and support for those trying to improve their lives or the lives of others through the provision of good food and good health.
The gardens are NHS Lothian initiative with a mission to make opportunities for good food and healthy lifestyles available to the local communities. The gardens have a particular focus on welcoming people who are experiencing mental or physical health problems, disadvantage, isolation or poverty.
Intended Client Groups:
- People Experiencing Mental Health Difficulties
This service is available to residents of all parts of Edinburgh
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
Please phone the service for more details.
Occupational Therapist or other professional involved in your care
Contact Info. & Service Address
Royal Edinburgh Hospital
Monday - Friday
-Monday - Friday 9:15am - 11:30am & 1:00pm - 3:00pm-
Tel: 0131 537 6711
Provider's Name: NHS Lothian
Type: NHS LothianNHS Lothian provides a comprehensive range of primary, community-based and acute hospital services for the second largest residential population in Scotland - circa 800,000 people.
Services run by this provider
- Bridgend Growing Communities
- Community Gardens at REH
- Drug and Alcohol Misuse Recovery Hubs
- Eating Disorders Support (Cullen Centre)
- Mood Juice
- NHS 24
- NHS Lothian Bereavement Service
- North East Edinburgh Local Health Partnership
- North West Edinburgh Local Health Partnership
- South Central Edinburgh Local Health Partnership
- South West Edinburgh Local Health Partnership
- Stress Control (NHS Lothian)
- The Rivers Centre
- Working Health Services Lothian