Canongate Youth supports young people aged from 5 to 24 years old. CY uses group work and activities to develop team work and social networking skills among the young people who attend.
Children and Youth Services have a range of opportunities for young people in the local area, which includes; Southside, Holyrood, Old Town, and Dumbiedykes. There is a weekly programme of groups activities to help young people develop new skills and boost their confidence.
CY also work closely with local schools to support young people.
Play Rangers is a group for people aged 5-12 , and offers young people a chance to play safely outdoors. Play sessions run daily.Please contact email@example.com for details.
Employability and Training
Canongate Youth provides employability support to young people aged 14-24 from across Edinburgh and the Lothians.
- The Gate (Pre-employment) offers young people employability support through one to one and group work sessions.
- The Gate (Next Steps) offers individual support for those who have progressed onto employment training or further education.
Contact Susie McIntyre on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about The Gate
2 Employability Fund training programmes work with young people who have left school up to 24 years old.
- CY Get 2 It provides a mixture of group work and individual support aiming to improve personal skills and remove barriers to employment.
- CY 3 Steps Up can either be a progression from CY Get 2 It, or an entry point for young people who are ready to go straight into work experience.
For further information on the training programmes contact email@example.com
Intended Client Groups:
- Young People
- 5 - 24 years old
This service is available to residents of all parts of Edinburgh
This service accepts direct self referrals.
Contact Info. & Service Address
South Bridge Resource Centre
6 Infirmary Street
Monday - Thursday 9:00am - 5:00pm & Friday 9:00am - 4:00pm
-Monday - Friday 9:00am - 9:00pm -
Facilities & Access
This service has the following facilities:
- Public Parking
- Information in community languages
- This service is not accessible to wheelchair users.
- Creche facilities are not available at this location.
Public Transport Information
Lothian Transport - all buses servicing North & South bridges