Founded in 1995, Oxgangs Neighbourhood Centre aims provide a safe space where people are welcomed and where they can feel included and valued. We seek to provide activities that respond to social needs creating opportunity for relationship, friendship and personal growth.
Our Café is run by our cafe manager Rachel and our friendly bunch of volunteers who offer full breakfast, wraps, filled hot and cold rolls, hot meals, toasted sandwiches, fruit, soup and hot and cold beverages. We also have a new healthy children’s menu.
We provide nutritious soup for Souper Walks and on Fridays we host Community Soup.
This service is available to residents of all parts of Edinburgh
This service accepts direct self referrals.
Contact Info. & Service Address
Oxgangs Neighbourhood Centre
71 Firhill Drive
-Monday - Friday 10 am-1.30 pm-
Tel: 0131 466 0678
Provider's Name: Edinburgh Community Cafes
Type: Charity/VoluntaryEdinburgh Community Cafes provide a clean, welcoming and safe environment for different community groups - inclusive spaces. Some cafes will provide this for their immediate community. Others may be a hub for a specific group such as the recovery community in Edinburgh and Lothians. A community cafe usually will address issues around sustainability, community cohesion and inclusion. They may be a revenue earner, or offer training opportunities or be a focal point for centre users and local people. Others may be part of a sports club or a leisure centre, offering refreshments to those taking part in activities or to chaperoning spectators. These cafes may all be very different from one another: however, they often have and work towards similar aims:
- Friendly and welcoming atmosphere
- Sociable places preventing isolation
- Promoting healthier eating and be affordable
- Fair trade and local (where possible) and ethical
Services run by this provider
- Cafe Connect at Eric Liddell Centre
- Clovenstone Community Centre Cafe
- Leith Community Mumma Bear’s Cafe
- Muirhouse Millenium Centre Cafe
- North Edinburgh Arts Cafe
- Punjabi Junction
- Restalrig Lochend Community Hub Grub Cafe
- Richmond Cafe Project, Craigmillar
- Saltyard Cafe, Dalry
- Serenity Cafe
- St. Bride’s Community Centre Cafe
- The Bridge Community Cafe
- The Broomhouse Cafe Training Project
- The Mill at St Joseph’s
- The Well Cafe
- The White House Kitchen, Craigmillar