Bridgend Growing Communities
Bridgend Growing Communities aims to promote the health and wellbeing of local people through community gardening and growing projects.
The main project is based in South Edinburgh and brings together people who may experience disadvantage, to enable them to change their lives and to enhance the communities in which they live. This is done by providing weekly volunteering sessions that are socially inclusive, promote equality, and teach growing, cooking and related outdoor skills
Getting Communities Growing Together is community led and works with groups at different locations to transform derelict or underused areas into growing or community spaces.
Young People are Growing On is a programme for children, schools and young people to help them learn more about growing and outdoor skills, and to make positive choices about eating and physical activity.
BGC also offer workshops and courses about all aspects of community gardening and growing food.
Intended Client Groups:
- Black and Minority Ethnic
- People Experiencing Mental Health Difficulties
- All backgrounds welcome
This service is available to residents of all parts of Edinburgh
This service accepts direct self referrals.
Contact Info. & Service Address
41 Old Dalkeith Road
Facilities & Access
This service has the following facilities:
- Public Parking
- This service is not accessible to wheelchair users.
- Creche facilities are not available at this location.
Provider's Name: NHS Lothian
Type: NHS LothianNHS Lothian provides a comprehensive range of primary, community-based and acute hospital services for the second largest residential population in Scotland - circa 800,000 people.
Services run by this provider
- Bridgend Growing Communities
- Community Gardens at REH
- Drug and Alcohol Misuse Recovery Hubs
- Eating Disorders Support (Cullen Centre)
- Mood Juice
- NHS 24
- NHS Lothian Bereavement Service
- North East Edinburgh Local Health Partnership
- North West Edinburgh Local Health Partnership
- South Central Edinburgh Local Health Partnership
- South West Edinburgh Local Health Partnership
- Stress Control (NHS Lothian)
- The Rivers Centre
- Working Health Services Lothian