The Advice Shop provides a free and confidential information and advice service for those who live in Edinburgh.
The Advice Shop can provide advice about debts, benefits, tax credits and the financial cost of living with cancer.
This can include:
• Providing information and advice about your rights and entitlements
• Checking you are getting all the benefits you are entitled to
• Helping with form filling and applications
• Support with disputes with the DWP
• Explaining official letters and legislation
• Representing you at benefit appeals / tribunals
• Offering debt advice
• Help if you are in rent arrears and threatened with eviction
Urgent matters can be dealt with by phone or in person.
Home visits can be arranged for people who are housebound.
This service is available to residents of all parts of Edinburgh
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
Any person needing advice on benefits, money or debt advice.
This service accepts direct self referrals.
Contact Info. & Service Address
249 High Street
-Monday to Thursday 8.30 am -4.30 pm.
Friday 8.30 am to 3.00 pm-
Tel: 0131 200 2360
Fax: 0131 529 4828
Facilities & Access
This service has the following facilities:
- Wheelchair Access
- Creche facilities are not available at this location.
Provider's Name: City of Edinburgh Council
Type: Local CouncilBased in Scotland's capital city, the Council provides a range of public services to over 498,800 citizens. The City of Edinburgh Council is responsible for providing political leadership and governance for a comprehensive range of services across the city.
Services run by this provider
- Advice Shop
- Direct Payments
- Edinburgh Carer Support Team
- Emergency Social Work Service
- Family Group Decision Making (FGDM)
- Get Up and Go
- Home Care Service
- Homelessness Services (Edinburgh Council)
- Mental Health Officer Service
- Positive Steps
- Safer Families Edinburgh
- Self Directed Support
- Social Care Direct
- Social Work – Adult, Health & Social Care
- Social Work – Children & Families
- Supported and Sheltered Housing
- The Access Point
- Travel Discounts for People with Disabilities and Mental Illnesses