PASDA support families of adults with Autism. This New Year, PASDA are launching a new training course called Stepping Stones.
Stepping Stones will provide training to give carers practical skills to use at home to support the autistic adult they care for. The course will give carers:
- An improved understanding of processing and sensory issues
- A greater awareness of the underlying reasons why their family member with autism behaves the way they do
- An increased number of strategies to use to support their family member with autism
- Improved confidence in their ability to cope with challenging situations
- A better relationship with their family member with autism
- Improved capacity to deal with their own anxieties resulting from their caring role
- Actively manage mental health issues (e.g. stress, anxiety, depression) which they experience as a direct result
Stepping stones will run every Tuesday from 2nd February to 22nd March 2016, 10.00 am – 1.00 pm at Norton Park.